What is Gateway 56?
Gateway 56 is our way of bridging the gap between being a kid and being a teenager. We want our 5th and 6th graders to have their own space to grow, learn, and mature together as they transition from our Kids Ministries to our Student Ministries. We attempt to do this in three ways.
1. We provide class time for these students 20 weeks out of the year.
-Studies show that the typical family attends church 40 weeks out of the year. So, we aim to provide 5th and 6th graders with their own class 50% of the time. This not only gives them a specific place to learn at their own speed, it gets them used to attending our services with their families.
2. We provide service space for them to learn what opportunities are available for them to serve.
-Our goal during your child’s time in Gateway 56 is to give them experience serving in the church. We will connect them with an adult who is currently serving and have them show your student the ropes! We hope this will give your student some serving experience and open their eyes to what opportunities exist for them within the church.
3. Youth Group style activities.
-We will be planning some day trips and events that are like what we do in youth ministry to give them some great memories together! This will also prepare them for the activities they will encounter with the youth group as they get older. These events could include bowling, trampoline parks, roller skating, rock climbing, etc.
We are excited for your 5th or 6th grader to join us! If you have any questions please feel free to email Christy Rucker, KidMin Director.
Gateway 56 Schedule:
Winter Session: Starting Saturday, January 6, 2018 & Sunday, January 7, 2018
- Saturday during 5:30pm worship experience meeting in the Bridge Room (Parkesburg)
- Sunday during 10:30am worship experience (Oxford Campus)
- Sunday during 10:45am worship experience meeting in the Bridge Room (Parkesburg)